Welcome to Training 201
Developing a Course
This course is designed to cover the basics involved in developing a course from scratch or tweaking an existing course to achieve better learning outcomes.
After participating in this training students will:
- Develop course objectives that are relevant to the subject matter and the students
- Use course objectives as the backbone of the course
- Know the value of lecture in adult learning presentations
- Understand the value of adding learning reinforcement activities to lecture presentations
- Understand the developmental process involved in some of the most effective and easy-to-use learning reinforcement activities
- Incorporate learning reinforcement activities into adult learning presentations
- Tailor the presentation to the needs of the student
- Tailor the presentation to the class size
- Use the presentation tips included in this course to improve presentation skills
- Use the references included on the links page to improve course content and presentation skills
Training 201 is divided into 4 sections:
- Using Objectives to Shape Your Course
- Tailoring Content to Students and Subject Matter
- Learning Reinforcement Activities
- Presentation Techniques and Teaching Tips
The 4 sections of this course represent the basic building blocks of an effective presentation.
After each screen there will be a multiple-choice question to answer. If you are having difficulty correctly answering these questions, it is probably a good idea to return to the previous screen and re-read the material.